Tuesday, July 5, 2016

1959 Evinrude lark cover assembly - 1961 Dorsett El Dorado restoration


Originally the emblems were gold and I didn't like that  with acetone I left the majority clear but I painted the embossed letters "Evinrude"  

I thought that I would replace the original emblems with sticker but I was able to remove the Gold paint from the back of the emblems. I just bought model paint and some fine brush's to paint.

Having the blue paint show though the emblem was just a lucky fact that the white lettering and the blue background look's great.

I bought the white clip on molding for the inside of the boat and after I put the old black molding on I quickly realized that white would look better and Hay I had some left over! Look's great right?

I plan to have the LARK emblem chromed in the future. Also the front of this engine cover had a triangle evinrude emblem that I just don't like so for now I just put screws in there as a place holder. 




1 comment: